Mini Matcha Muffins
Prep Time:10 Min Cook Time:20 Min Total Time:30 Min
For The Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp matcha tea powder
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- For The Topping
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup pistachios, shelled
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a mini muffins pan, set aside.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and matcha tea powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, honey, olive oil and orange juice together, then gradually beat into the dry mixture.
- Spoon into the muffin cups, then bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes (or until a tester comes out clean but the tops are not singed).
- For the topping, melt the chocolate in a microwave until melted (approximately 1:15 minutes in mine) or over a double boiler until smooth. While it melts, chop the pistachios very fine.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the tines of a fork into it and drizzle over the tops of the cooled muffins.
- Sprinkle the pistachios over the chocolate before it hardens, then let it cool.
I used a 24-cup mini muffins pan, put this could potentially be made in a full size muffin tin. Just extend the cooking time and keep an eye on them to make sure they cook without burning.
food and fitness adventures | grok grub http://grokgrub.com/